HAIR FOR HOPE 2013 MAIN EVENT
Into its 11th year running, CCF is organising Hair for Hope (HfH) on 27 and 28 July 2013, from 11am to 7pm (Saturday) and 11am to 6pm (Sunday) at VivoCity.
Through this symbolic gesture of shaving bald, we aim to:
- Create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore
- Show children with cancer and their families that they are not alone in their fight against cancer
- Tell children with cancer that it is OK to be bald
- Raise funds to help children with cancer and their families
- Build a community of support for children with cancer and their families
Hair for Hope is the only head-shaving event in Singapore that raises funds and awareness of childhood cancer. Every shaven head represents an understanding by an individual of the ordeals that a child with cancer is subjected to.
This year, we hope to encourage at least 6,000 participants to join our cause and raise $3 million to aid children and families impacted by cancer.
All funds raised will contribute towards the $5 million needed annually to fund critical programmes and services for CCF’s beneficiaries.