1. Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright, database right and rights of an allied nature in the material contained in the Website, together with the website design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement, belongs to Children's Cancer Foundation ("CCF"). All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without its prior written permission. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
You agree that any logos, names, service marks, trademarks and other devices (collectively referred to as "Marks") pertaining to CCF that may be displayed on this Website, including, "Children's Cancer Foundation" and "CCF", are its registered and/or unregistered Marks. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the Marks belonging to it or to third parties that are displayed on this Website without prior written permission.
Certain product and company names mentioned on this Website or material displayed on this Website may be intellectual property belonging to third parties. CCF does not warrant or represent that if you use such material you will not infringe the legal rights of these third parties.
2. Exclusions of Liability
CCF uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, it disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on this Website.
The liability of CCF and/or of any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website (the ‘Web Programmer') for any damages, claims or losses arising from an inability to access this Website, or from any use of this Website or reliance on the data transmitted using this Website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall CCF or the Web Programmer be liable for any anticipated savings, business, goodwill, loss of profit, opportunity, revenues or other direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or special loss or damage of any kind, whether arising from breach of contract, tort (including negligence, defamation and infringement of copyright or database right or other intellectual property rights) or otherwise arising out of use of this Website, whether or not notified of such damage or loss arising, except where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this Website is provided to you "as available" and "as is", and CCF disclaims to the fullest extent permissible by law any representation, warranty or responsibility of any kind, either express or implied, in relation to any information, goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through this Website. It also makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to this Website, or any part of it, including any warranties of title, non-infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties, merchantability, satisfactory quality, or fitness for any purpose.
3. Acceptable Use
You may only use the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within Singapore or other jurisdictions from which you are accessing this Website.
In particular, you agree that you will not
- Upload or post, e-mail or otherwise transmit to the Website or to CCF:
- Any content that is abusive, defamatory, harassing, harmful, invasive of privacy, objectionable (due to attitudes towards disability; gender; race, descent, ethnicity or nationality; religion or belief; sexual orientation; or other personal characteristics), obscene, threatening, tortious or unlawful, or otherwise use this Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any third party;
- Any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law (including content that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party), or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as confidential or proprietary information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements); and
- Any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials or any other form of solicitation, including but not limited to chain letters, junk mail and spam;
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or take any action to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to the Website or to CCF;
- Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Website, including but not limited to uploading or making available through whatever means files containing corrupt data, software viruses or any computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Deface, alter or interfere with the front-end "look and feel" of this Website or the underlying software code;
- Take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Website or its related infrastructure;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to any of computers, networks or servers owned or used by CCF; and/or
- Collect or store personal information about other users of the Website.
You may only use the Website in the capacity of an end-user. You must not, without the prior written permission of CCF:
- Sell, resell or otherwise exploit; copy or reproduce for the purpose of such sale, resale or exploitation; or carry out an act preparatory to any of the foregoing acts in respect of; any portion of the Website, or documents or information obtained from the Website; or
- Access or use the Website for providing database, information, service-bureau or other commercial services to third parties
- Without prejudice to any of our other rights, whether at law or otherwise, CCF reserves the right to deny you access to this Website where it believes in its absolute discretion that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions
You agree to indemnify and hold CCF, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees and agents, harmless from any claim or demand, including legal fees on an indemnity basis, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this Website; content you submit, post to or transmit to the Website or to CCF; or your violation of these Terms and Conditions or of the rights of any third party.
4. Registration Policy
By registering an account with Hair for Hope , it is automatically deemed that you agree and/or intend to allow the use of your personal data for any other activities such as communications and on matters pertaining to Hair for Hope and CCF related programmes and services, unless otherwise indicated. It is also automatically deemed that the particulars provided for registration are true and correct and that you have not wilfully suppressed any material fact. You understand that shaving timeslots and T-shirt sizes are available on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Participants are strictly not allowed to change their shaving timeslots and T-shirt sizes once registration closes.
Please find below the official closing date of registration for the following shaving categories:
11 July 2019, Thursday
The name list of satellite shavees must be submitted to CCF at least five days before the scheduled event date
Group registration will close on 27 June 2019, and all group shavees have to register latest by 11 July 2019 for logistics planning.
Hair for Hope reserves the right to bring forward closing registration dates in the event that all shaving timeslots are taken up before the above stipulated dates.
5. Content Policy
Please note that www.hairforhope.org.sg is a public domain and information found on this website can be viewed by all members of the public. CCF will endeavour to allow you uninterrupted access to this Website, but access to this Website may be disrupted, restricted, suspended or terminated at any time at its discretion or for reasons beyond its control. CCF reserves the right to improve, change, modify, substitute or remove any information on this Website, or terminate this Website, at any time without notice. Only the registered shavee's photo should be displayed on the shavee's online profile. If other pictures or obscene contents are displayed, CCF reserves the right to remove such pictures and any vulgarity/offensive message without prior notice. Messages posted by the shavees and their supporters on the Hair for Hope website shall become the property of CCF.
6. Donations Policy
All shavees are encouraged to set a fundraising target and raise a minimum of $20 to help defray the cost of organising the event and to fund services for children with cancer. Please note that only a minimum donation of $50.00 and above in a single donation transaction via cash, cheque; through donation cards or online credit payment made in will be eligible for IRAS tax deduction of 2.5 times the donated amount. The donor's full name, NRIC no. and contact details are required for processing of tax deduction. CCF will NOT be issuing tax-deductible receipts but will submit your donation directly to IRAS.
7. Refund Policy
Requests for donation refunds can be made via CCF or the card-issuing bank/ company should there be an error in the amount of donation payment, if the donor wants to retract his/her donations or if there was unauthorised usage of the credit or debit card for the donation.
- Donations Refund Requests via CCF
- Refund request must be submitted in writing to email@example.com together with the transaction details of the donation. All ascertained donations refunds will be processed and completed within 45 days from the date of request.
- CCF will require all related acknowledgement documents that were previously issued to the donor (such as official tax deductible receipts and donation forms) for the said donation. CCF reserves all rights to request for additional personal particulars and transaction information from the donor as and when required to authenticate the refund request.
- For bank transfer payment, a donor will need to provide CCF with bank details so that the refund can be made directly to the donor's bank account. For credit and debit card refunds, the donation amount will be refunded directly back to the donor's card. All cash, cheque and bank transfer donations will be refunded via cheques only. The donor can request for his/her cheque to be sent by mail or choose to collect the cheque personally from CCF Community Office at Novena.
- Refunds for Donations made via External Online Donation Portals
- For donations made via external online donation portals which have been credited to CCF, donors will need to write in to CCF to request for a refund. All ascertained requests will be refunded to donors via cheque. The donor can request for his/her cheque to be sent by mail or choose to collect the cheque personally from CCF Community Office at Novena.
- All refund requests for donations made via external online donation portals will be handled by the respective merchants if the external online donation portals have not credited the donations to CCF's accounts. Donors are to contact the merchants directly with their donation cancellation requests.
8. Age Policy
Participants must be at least 7 years old (in 2019) to register. Participants under the age of 18 years old (in 2019) must complete the Parental Consent Form and submit the form to the organisers during goodie bag collection. CCF will not allow shaving of toddlers and infant in arms. The act of shaving for Hair for Hope is a voluntary sacrifice and a decision made by an individual who understands the objective of this act and is able to act as an ambassador of CCF.
9. Pet Policy
Strictly NO pets will be allowed to shave. Please do not bring your pets to the event.
10. Withdrawal Policy
Registered shavees who wish to withdraw from the event are required to inform CCF via email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the shaving date.
11. Hair Donation Policy
CCF does not keep any of the shaved hair for other purposes. For shavees who wish to contribute their pony tails to make wigs for cancer patients, please provide your own zip lock bags to keep your pony tails. Shavees who wish to donate their hair to make wigs may send it to Locks of Love, a US-based organisation. Please read their guidelines on accepting hair donation.
12. Media Policy
Hair for Hope is CCF’s signature public event. By participating in the Hair for Hope event, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data (in the form of photographs and video footage) by CCF for the purposes of Hair for Hope-related marketing and promotional materials, unless otherwise specified. As Hair for Hope is a public event, any photographs and/or videos taken during the event by the media or any external party is not within CCF’s control.
13. Donation Cards Policy
For lost or stolen donation cards, shavees must file a police report immediately and submit the police report to CCF. All donation cards are to be returned to CCF by 17 August 2019 (Saturday).
CCF will file a police report against shavees who fail to return their donation cards by the stipulated date. Donation cards are official documents that authorise the bearers to collect donations for CCF and they are the property of CCF.
14. Donor's Confidentiality Policy
CCF will inform you, the shavee, through an automated email notification whenever a pledge is made towards CCF in support of your shaving. Besides the name of the donor and the amount of donation, no other information of the donor will be released without his/her prior consent. Please note that donors have the option to remain anonymous and CCF will not be able to reveal their identity to you in such cases. Please retain the automated email notification for your reference.
These Terms and Conditions contain all the terms of your agreement with CCF relating to your use of the Website, and supersede any prior agreements, if any, between you and CCF.
CCF may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this Website. Accordingly, your continued or subsequent access or use of this Website shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
You agree that notices and legal process may be sent to you or served on you either personally, through the post, or by e-mail.
The failure of CCF to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
The section headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Your use of this Website, any downloaded material from it and the operation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts. CCF reserves the right, if it sees fit, to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of your residence.
Neither your use of the website nor these Terms and Conditions creates any relationship of solicitor and client between any of CCF's officers, employees or agents on the one hand and you on the other, and none of the content of the Website should be construed as legal advice.
None of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) by a person who is not a party to it.
If you do not agree with any of the above, please discontinue your use of the Site.
The Children's Cancer Foundation and Hair for Hope's brand identity are owned entirely by CCF, and shall not be used on any publications, media, and merchandise, or for any commercial purposes without the written consent of CCF.
© 2019 Children's Cancer Foundation. All rights reserved.